Lasercutting - Create, cut and engrave your own designs
Do you love to be creative and work with different materials? Whether paper, wood, fabric or leather - thanks to the laser beam you can create an endless selection of cuts and engravings. This book gives you everything you need to know to turn your artistic visions into reality with laser technology - from works of art on paper to unusual home accessories.
These topics are on the program:
- Introduction to laser technology: how it works, areas of application, risks and protective measures
- Market overview: Device types, purchase criteria, service providers and possible uses
- From the idea to the file: create 2D vector or pixel graphics and prepare them for laser cutting
- From design to material: A laser device in use - using the example of the Mr Beam laser cutter (incl. material knowledge)
- With 12 laser cutter projects: breakfast tray, window decoration, pillow, smartphone holder, stamp, lantern and much more
- It continues behind the laser beam: 3D printing, milling, water jet cutting, etc.
2nd edition of the book
The second edition offers an up-to-date market overview and takes into account the latest state of the art, especially with regard to protective measures. The practical examples have been recompiled for this edition.
If you want to create unique objects with laser cutting and engraving, then this book will give you all the necessary skills to use this fascinating technology yourself and to realize your personal design ideas.
- Teja Philipp, Managing Director of Mr Beam Laser GmbH
- Anika Kehrer, journalist specializing in IT and technology
- Sven Rens, consultant for companies interested in crowdfunding and start-ups
More information about the book
- ISBN: 978-3-446-47345-4
Book details: 2nd revised edition, 02/2023
296 pages, flexible cover, full color.